ISO and CEN committees
One committee in ISO (globally) and one in CEN (European) deals with topics related to the oil and gas industry.
Useful links to the relevant ISO committee and sub-committees
- ISO/TC 67 Materials, equipment and offshore structures for petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries
- ISO/TC 67/SC 2 Pipeline transportation systems
- ISO/TC 67/SC 3 Drilling and completion fluids and well cements
- ISO/TC 67/SC 4 Drilling and production equipment
- ISO/TC 67/SC 5 Casing, tubing, and drill pip
ISO/TC 67/SC 6 Processing equipment and systems
- ISO/TC 67/SC 7 Offshore structures
- ISO/TC 67/SC 8 Arctic operations
Overview on ISO standards for petroleum industry (pdf, A3 format)
Standardisation of the materials, equipment and offshore structures used in drilling, production, refining and the transport by pipelines of petroleum and natural gas, excluding on-land supply systems used by the gas supply industry and those aspects of offshore structures covered by IMO requirements (ISO/TC 8).
The standardisation is to be achieved wherever possible by the adoption of ISO standards.
Note: The CEN/TC 12 standards are mainly developed through the Vienna Agreement with ISO/TC 67.
Useful link to the relevant CEN committee