New edition of NORSOK M-501 is published
NORSOK M-501:2022 Surface protection and protective coating, edition 7, was published in November 2022.
The main changes from the previous edition, edition 6 from 2012, are an update of the technical content based on experience, new requirements and new international standards.
- Advises coatings systems that can meet the high durability range as per ISO 12944-1
- Defines the corrosivity categories accounted for as per ISO 12944-2
Includes pre-qualification requirements for coating under insulation and for tank linings
- Clarifies the qualification requirements for paint shops and operators
Clarifies the inspection and testing requirements that apply before, during and after coating application
- Captures improvements from IOGP doc S-715
- Introduces new coating systems to cover cryogenic conditions, high temperature service, powder coating and passive fire protection (PFP) in splash zone.
The standard is revised by the expert group SN/K 114 NORSOK EG M Materials.
Questions and contact
For further detail please contact Project Manager at Standards Norway, Espen Holm.