NORSOK M-101 published for public enquiry
NORSOK M-101 Structural steel fabrication, edition 6, is published for public enquiry until November 29th.
NORSOK M-101 was last published in 2011 and is currently under revision. Please find the enquiry draft prNORSOK M-101 in our enquiry system.
The main changes from ed. 5 are an addition of two new annexes titled Annex H "Execution of bolted connections" and Annex I "Calibration test for preloaded bolting assemblies".
The technical content is updated based on experience, new requirements and updated and new international standards.
prNORSOK M-101:2022 is also harmonized with NORSOK M-120:2021 and NORSOK N-004:2022.
- Advises coatings systems that can meet the high durability range as per ISO 12944-1
- Defines the corrosivity categories accounted for as per ISO 12944-2
- Includes pre-qualification requirements for coating under insulation and for tank linings
- Clarifies the qualification requirements for paint shops and operators
- Clarifies the inspection and testing requirements that apply before, during and after coating application
- Captures improvements from IOGP doc S-715
- Introduces new coating systems to cover cryogenic conditions, high temperature service, powder coating and passive fire protection (PFP) in splash zone
New normative annexes are implemented to cover:
- Annex H "Execution of bolted connections"
- Annex I "Calibration test for preloaded bolting assemblies"
Comments and questions
All comments must be entered in the official enquiry portal before the deadline 29 November 2022.
All users must be registered in the enquiry portal before comments can be entered. If you are from abroad Norway, please register as a student, using post code 0283.
For further detail please contact project manager in Standards Norway, Espen Holm